Our Mission, Vision and Values
Day One improves the health of Maine by providing substance use, mental health and wellness services to youth and families.
All Maine youth will have opportunities to realize their full potential to live productive, healthy and rewarding lives.
Day One is CLIENT AND PEOPLE CENTERED
- Compassionate: We strive to understand people as individuals.
- Respectful: We treat people the way we want to be treated.
- Trustworthy: We say what we mean and do what we say.
- Responsive: We respond to the needs of others in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Accessible: We strive to meet the needs of individuals where and when they present themselves.
Day One is ACCOUNTABLE
- Ownership: We take responsibility for our actions.
- Follow-through: We follow through on our commitments.
- Transparency: We are open and honest in our communications.
- Sustainability: We set a strong foundation that provides the basis for future growth.
- Confidentiality: We respect and protect the confidential nature of client, staff, and agency information.
Day One is a LEADER
- Passion: We have a passion for our mission and are confident in our ability to carry it out.
- Advocacy: We are vocal advocates on issues concerning our clients and staff.
- Connectedness: We are actively connected to the communities in which we live and work.
- Progressive: We enhance our programs and practices through best practices and technology.
- Risk Taking: We are nimble and take calculated risks to create and seize opportunities.
Day One is COMMITTED TO QUALITY
- Self-Awareness: We actively seek to understand our strengths and weaknesses.
- Professional development: We create opportunities for continued professional development.
- Expertise: We value and seek out individuals with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Informed: We strive to base our decisions on data and evidence.