Day One provides residential treatment in Hinckley and New Gloucester, Maine to youth from all over the state. Our Residential Treatment Centers house girls and boys separately. The six-month program is open to youth ages 13-20. During their stay, clients learn how to make healthy choices and take responsibility for their lives. This program partners with the United Way of Greater Portland and United Way of Mid-Maine.
The program includes the following components:
- Individual counseling
- Evidence-based programming
- Group counseling
- Family counseling
- Life skills such as nutritious meal preparation, laundry, household chores, budgeting
- Education provided on-site
- Recreational activities
- Crisis intervention
- Case management
- Relapse prevention
- Discharge planning
- Connection to social supports
- Drug testing
- Medication administration
- Aftercare Discharge planning begins immediately upon admission. It is critical to see that recovery begins immediately and continues post-discharge from our residential program.
We are here to offer support based on our experience over the four decades we have been working with youth and families. From day one, changing direction in life can be challenging and complicated. That’s why Day One is here to offer information, guidance, support, and connection to resources for the entire family throughout the process.
Call today (207) 874-1045 to find out how we can help you, or you can submit a referral form (available on the top right of our front page) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org